Posted to user@cayenne.apache.org by xiaoxin xiaoxin <fx...@hotmail.com> on 2009/08/20 18:26:20 UTC

Question: can Cayenne generate the DAO classes by modeler?

Hi guys,

I am new to Cayenne and just had a look at the cayenne-petstore example codes. I found there are some DAO classes in its project.

So my question is that if these DAO classes are generated by Cayenne Modeler? If yes, how?

Besides, does the document of Cayenne provide the content about Cayenne's best practice . I mean the API part.

Thanks!

Share your memories online with anyone you want.
http://www.microsoft.com/middleeast/windows/windowslive/products/photos-share.aspx?tab=1

Re: Question: can Cayenne generate the DAO classes by modeler?

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.
You can use the Cayenne generator to generate pretty much anything.

In the past, I've set up templates that generated entire applications
(including the DAOs) from the model.

The templating language is Velocity.

 http://velocity.apache.org/