Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by karri saisatish kumar reddy <ks...@gmail.com> on 2018/07/19 19:18:38 UTC

Plan for new Kafka Connect Transform

Respected Sir,

I have recently worked on kafka as a part of my project.I have used
debezium connector and SMT for changing schema in my project.

I need to rename the  following deeper  field but found no suitable SMT .
My schema has following structure ( -> implies subfield)
Header - > General Info - >  Source_id

Need to rename Source_id to Source.
The current relevant SMT "*ReplaceField*" can only rename the top level
field.

I want to write a SMT for renaming of deeper fields using recursion.Is it a
good idea to contribute? Are there any possible blockers for it ?
Sorry if i asked this in bad place.

Awaiting for the reply

Thank you,
K.S.Satish Kumar Reddy
4th year under graduate student,
IIT Kharagpur.

Re: Plan for new Kafka Connect Transform

Posted by Randall Hauch <rh...@gmail.com>.
How about changing the ReplaceField SMT to be able to support nested
fields? If we come up with a unified way to identify nested fields, then we
could add support for nested fields to other SMTs, too.

Best regards,

Randall