Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Mark Bean <ma...@gmail.com> on 2017/04/12 15:40:21 UTC

nifi.templats.directory

In NiFi 1.x (as compared to 0.x), any templates are now stored directly in
the flow.xml.gz file. Is that correct?

If so, what is the purpose (if any) of the nifi.properties entry for
"nifi.templates.directory"? Should this property be deprecated/removed?

Re: nifi.templats.directory

Posted by Mark Bean <ma...@gmail.com>.
Excellent! This is a perfect example of some of the "insider information"
I'd like to see in the documentation. (See my other mailing list item.) I
just tested it out and worked like a charm!

Thanks for the insight.
Mark

Re: nifi.templats.directory

Posted by Mark Bean <ma...@gmail.com>.
As of version 1.2.0, templates in the specified nifi.templates.directory
location are not available via the UI until NiFi is restarted. Is this
expected behavior? Or, as indicated previously, should the template(s) be
loaded whenever the controller is saved?

Re: nifi.templats.directory

Posted by Mark Payne <ma...@hotmail.com>.
Mark,

Re: nifi.templats.directory