Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Anindito De <an...@infosys.com> on 2004/01/09 15:00:23 UTC

How to avoid "Warning: Page has Expired" ?

Hi folks,

In our website we need to have the new page, that is generated on a form submission, to be overlaid on the old page. Objective is to avoid the "Warning: Page has Expired" error when the user presses the browser back button on the new page. Redirecting to a separate error page and providing a back button on the page itself (which the user can use to go back instead of the browser back button) is not acceptable.

How can this be done ?

Also is there any alternative of the JavaScript function location.replace() in the Struts world ?

Thanks a lot in anticipation
Anindito