You are viewing a plain text version of this content. The canonical link for it is here.
Posted to dev@stormcrawler.apache.org by Tim Allison <ta...@apache.org> on 2025/03/05 13:50:38 UTC

Re: Release?

I'm hoping to kick off the release process towards the beginning of this
coming week...March 10th or so. Will that work?

On Fri, Feb 21, 2025 at 10:25 AM Markos Volikas <mv...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I don't think I'll manage to include
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-stormcrawler/issues/621 in this
> release.
>
> There is still testing and performance comparison to be done, and
> probably some design decisions to be made when I open the PR.
>
> Best,
>
> Markos
>
> On 2/21/25 13:36, Richard Zowalla wrote:
> > Feel free :-)
> >
> >
> > Am 21. Februar 2025 12:34:52 MEZ schrieb Tim Allison <
> tallison@apache.org>:
> >> I’d like to get two bug fixes in if possible. Early this coming week?
> >>
> >> I’m happy to be release manager again unless anyone else would like it?
> >>
> >> On Fri, Feb 21, 2025 at 4:15 AM Richard Zowalla <rz...@apache.org>
> wrote:
> >>
> >>> Hi,
> >>>
> >>> Since Storm 2.8.0 is out a few weeks now, what do you think about
> doing a
> >>> SC release?
> >>>
> >>> Gruß
> >>> Richard
> >>>
> >>>
>

Re: Release?

Posted by Markos Volikas <mv...@apache.org>.
Thanks for the review Tim,

I still want to run some tests for the Cloud version which I'll probably 
do during the weekend :)

I would suggest not to wait - let's include this in a subsequent release.

Markos

On 3/10/25 17:14, Richard Zowalla wrote:
> No strong opinion from my side. Not a Solr User ;-)
>
> Am 10. März 2025 15:55:39 MEZ schrieb Tim Allison <ta...@apache.org>:
>> Should I wait for:
>> https://github.com/apache/incubator-stormcrawler/pull/1488
>>
>> before cutting RC1?
>>
>> On Wed, Mar 5, 2025 at 8:54 AM Richard Zowalla <ri...@zowalla.com> wrote:
>>
>>> +1
>>>
>>> Am 5. März 2025 14:50:38 MEZ schrieb Tim Allison <ta...@apache.org>:
>>>> I'm hoping to kick off the release process towards the beginning of this
>>>> coming week...March 10th or so. Will that work?
>>>>
>>>> On Fri, Feb 21, 2025 at 10:25 AM Markos Volikas <mv...@apache.org>
>>> wrote:
>>>>> Hi all,
>>>>>
>>>>> I don't think I'll manage to include
>>>>> https://github.com/apache/incubator-stormcrawler/issues/621 in this
>>>>> release.
>>>>>
>>>>> There is still testing and performance comparison to be done, and
>>>>> probably some design decisions to be made when I open the PR.
>>>>>
>>>>> Best,
>>>>>
>>>>> Markos
>>>>>
>>>>> On 2/21/25 13:36, Richard Zowalla wrote:
>>>>>> Feel free :-)
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Am 21. Februar 2025 12:34:52 MEZ schrieb Tim Allison <
>>>>> tallison@apache.org>:
>>>>>>> I’d like to get two bug fixes in if possible. Early this coming week?
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> I’m happy to be release manager again unless anyone else would like
>>> it?
>>>>>>> On Fri, Feb 21, 2025 at 4:15 AM Richard Zowalla <rz...@apache.org>
>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>>>> Hi,
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Since Storm 2.8.0 is out a few weeks now, what do you think about
>>>>> doing a
>>>>>>>> SC release?
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Gruß
>>>>>>>> Richard
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>

Re: Release?

Posted by Richard Zowalla <ri...@zowalla.com>.
No strong opinion from my side. Not a Solr User ;-)

Am 10. März 2025 15:55:39 MEZ schrieb Tim Allison <ta...@apache.org>:
>Should I wait for:
>https://github.com/apache/incubator-stormcrawler/pull/1488
>
>before cutting RC1?
>
>On Wed, Mar 5, 2025 at 8:54 AM Richard Zowalla <ri...@zowalla.com> wrote:
>
>> +1
>>
>> Am 5. März 2025 14:50:38 MEZ schrieb Tim Allison <ta...@apache.org>:
>> >I'm hoping to kick off the release process towards the beginning of this
>> >coming week...March 10th or so. Will that work?
>> >
>> >On Fri, Feb 21, 2025 at 10:25 AM Markos Volikas <mv...@apache.org>
>> wrote:
>> >
>> >> Hi all,
>> >>
>> >> I don't think I'll manage to include
>> >> https://github.com/apache/incubator-stormcrawler/issues/621 in this
>> >> release.
>> >>
>> >> There is still testing and performance comparison to be done, and
>> >> probably some design decisions to be made when I open the PR.
>> >>
>> >> Best,
>> >>
>> >> Markos
>> >>
>> >> On 2/21/25 13:36, Richard Zowalla wrote:
>> >> > Feel free :-)
>> >> >
>> >> >
>> >> > Am 21. Februar 2025 12:34:52 MEZ schrieb Tim Allison <
>> >> tallison@apache.org>:
>> >> >> I’d like to get two bug fixes in if possible. Early this coming week?
>> >> >>
>> >> >> I’m happy to be release manager again unless anyone else would like
>> it?
>> >> >>
>> >> >> On Fri, Feb 21, 2025 at 4:15 AM Richard Zowalla <rz...@apache.org>
>> >> wrote:
>> >> >>
>> >> >>> Hi,
>> >> >>>
>> >> >>> Since Storm 2.8.0 is out a few weeks now, what do you think about
>> >> doing a
>> >> >>> SC release?
>> >> >>>
>> >> >>> Gruß
>> >> >>> Richard
>> >> >>>
>> >> >>>
>> >>
>>

Re: Release?

Posted by Tim Allison <ta...@apache.org>.
Should I wait for:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-stormcrawler/pull/1488

before cutting RC1?

On Wed, Mar 5, 2025 at 8:54 AM Richard Zowalla <ri...@zowalla.com> wrote:

> +1
>
> Am 5. März 2025 14:50:38 MEZ schrieb Tim Allison <ta...@apache.org>:
> >I'm hoping to kick off the release process towards the beginning of this
> >coming week...March 10th or so. Will that work?
> >
> >On Fri, Feb 21, 2025 at 10:25 AM Markos Volikas <mv...@apache.org>
> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> I don't think I'll manage to include
> >> https://github.com/apache/incubator-stormcrawler/issues/621 in this
> >> release.
> >>
> >> There is still testing and performance comparison to be done, and
> >> probably some design decisions to be made when I open the PR.
> >>
> >> Best,
> >>
> >> Markos
> >>
> >> On 2/21/25 13:36, Richard Zowalla wrote:
> >> > Feel free :-)
> >> >
> >> >
> >> > Am 21. Februar 2025 12:34:52 MEZ schrieb Tim Allison <
> >> tallison@apache.org>:
> >> >> I’d like to get two bug fixes in if possible. Early this coming week?
> >> >>
> >> >> I’m happy to be release manager again unless anyone else would like
> it?
> >> >>
> >> >> On Fri, Feb 21, 2025 at 4:15 AM Richard Zowalla <rz...@apache.org>
> >> wrote:
> >> >>
> >> >>> Hi,
> >> >>>
> >> >>> Since Storm 2.8.0 is out a few weeks now, what do you think about
> >> doing a
> >> >>> SC release?
> >> >>>
> >> >>> Gruß
> >> >>> Richard
> >> >>>
> >> >>>
> >>
>

Re: Release?

Posted by Richard Zowalla <ri...@zowalla.com>.
+1

Am 5. März 2025 14:50:38 MEZ schrieb Tim Allison <ta...@apache.org>:
>I'm hoping to kick off the release process towards the beginning of this
>coming week...March 10th or so. Will that work?
>
>On Fri, Feb 21, 2025 at 10:25 AM Markos Volikas <mv...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I don't think I'll manage to include
>> https://github.com/apache/incubator-stormcrawler/issues/621 in this
>> release.
>>
>> There is still testing and performance comparison to be done, and
>> probably some design decisions to be made when I open the PR.
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> Markos
>>
>> On 2/21/25 13:36, Richard Zowalla wrote:
>> > Feel free :-)
>> >
>> >
>> > Am 21. Februar 2025 12:34:52 MEZ schrieb Tim Allison <
>> tallison@apache.org>:
>> >> I’d like to get two bug fixes in if possible. Early this coming week?
>> >>
>> >> I’m happy to be release manager again unless anyone else would like it?
>> >>
>> >> On Fri, Feb 21, 2025 at 4:15 AM Richard Zowalla <rz...@apache.org>
>> wrote:
>> >>
>> >>> Hi,
>> >>>
>> >>> Since Storm 2.8.0 is out a few weeks now, what do you think about
>> doing a
>> >>> SC release?
>> >>>
>> >>> Gruß
>> >>> Richard
>> >>>
>> >>>
>>