Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by abhayd <aj...@hotmail.com> on 2012/01/31 01:10:44 UTC

product(popularity,score) gives error undefined field score

hi

I m trying to add some weight for popularity in the score returned by solr
query.
http://localhost:10101/solr/syx/select?q={!boost%20b=product(popularity,score)}SIM&rows=100&fl=score,id&debug=true

I get error "undefined field score"

Any idea how to do this?

Re: product(popularity,score) gives error undefined field score

Posted by abhayd <aj...@hotmail.com>.
i m using 4.0 from trunk.

Re: product(popularity,score) gives error undefined field score

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
We need more information on your setup. What version of Solr?

Best
Erick

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: I m trying to add some weight for popularity in the score returned by solr
: query.
: http://localhost:10101/solr/syx/select?q={!boost%20b=product(popularity,score)}SIM&rows=100&fl=score,id&debug=true
:
: I get error "undefined field score"

that's probably because you have no field named "score"

i'm guessing what you are trying to do is multiple the score of your query
for "SIM" by the value of the popularity field, in which case you should
be using something like...

http://localhost:10101/solr/syx/select?q={!boost+b=popularity}SIM&rows=100&fl=score,id&debug=true

...you can't feed use the resulting score from a query as the input to a
function that is contributing to that score.

-Hoss