Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Sjur Moshagen <sj...@mac.com> on 2006/09/26 14:09:51 UTC

HTML source files broken

Hello,

HTML files are broken as source files, due to a bug in the creation
of the navigation system (menus, tabs, etc). Here's one case from our
site:

Internal Server Error

Message: null

Sender: org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet

Source: Cocoon Servlet

Request URI

upload/upload-corpus-file.html
cause

dispatcherError: 500 - Internal server error
The contract "siteinfo-meta-navigation" has thrown thrown an
exception by resolving raw data from "cocoon://upload/upload-corpus-
file.navigation.xml".

dispatcherErrorStack:
  org.apache.excalibur.source.SourceNotFoundException: Exception
during processing of cocoon://upload/upload-corpus-file.navigation.xml
request-uri

/upload/upload-corpus-file.html
Apache Cocoon 2.2.0-dev

When opening up http://localhost:8888/upload/upload-corpus-
file.navigation.xml it isn't found. When trying the next steps in the
sitemap chain, it goes like this:

http://localhost:8888/upload/upload-corpus-file.menu.xml   - not found
http://localhost:8888/upload/upload-corpus-file.book.xml   - not found
http://localhost:8888/upload/menulinks-upload-corpus-file  - ok

Hm, I said in the other mail that it isn't Dispatcher related
(because it is broken somewhere between *.book.xml and **menulinks-*,
which are not Dispatcher-specific), but all the above matches are
found in the dispatcher/dataModel.xmap.

Sjur

Re: HTML source files broken

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org>.
Sorry, still no internet at home and on side at a customer who has shut
down all ports.

On Wed, 2006-11-01 at 13:55 +0100, Børre Gaup wrote:
> > > Could the error have something to do with the "-file" part?
> >
> > Try it with something other than "-file". The trouble might
> > be that the sitemaps have some match that operates on the
> > "-file" pattern.
> >
> > We already had a number of "reserved patterns". I hope that
> > we have not recently added more.
> > http://forrest.apache.org/faq.html#claimed_patterns
> >
> > > Could the error have something to do with the "-file" part?
> >
> > Try it with something other than "-file". The trouble might
> > be that the sitemaps have some match that operates on the
> > "-file" pattern.
> >
> > We already had a number of "reserved patterns". I hope that
> > we have not recently added more.
> > http://forrest.apache.org/faq.html#claimed_patterns
> >

> Ok, me and Sjur sat down to find out what really caused this error, and after
> a lot of trial and error, it is clear that the "corpus-" part of our filename
> is the source of the error. If we rename the file upload_corp-file.html, it
> works!

I need to have a closer look.

> I also found some other problematic filenames of the same type yesterday:
> corpus-conversion-tech.xml -> corpus_conversion_tech.xml
> corpus-policy.jspwiki -> corpus_policy.jspwiki
> corpus-plan.xml -> corpus_plan.xml
>

> Further observations:
>
> Dispatcher gives the following error message, even though the file does not
> exist! :

Well, not so much even, but better because. ;)

> ==============
> Internal Server Error
>
> Message: null

> Sender: org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet
>
> Source: Cocoon Servlet
>
> Request URI
>
> upload/upload_corpus-file.html
> cause
>
> dispatcherError: 500 - Internal server error
> The contract "siteinfo-meta-navigation" has thrown thrown an exception by
> resolving raw data from "cocoon://upload/upload_corpus-file.navigation.xml".
>
> dispatcherErrorStack:
>  org.apache.excalibur.source.SourceNotFoundException: Exception during
> processing of cocoon://upload/upload_corpus-file.navigation.xml
> request-uri
>
> /upload/upload_corpus-file.html
> Apache Cocoon 2.2.0-dev
> ==============
>

> The file that DOES exist is upload/upload_corpus_file.html (note the
> underscore instead of the hyphen)

Meaning it seems that the structurer requests this file. What is the
contract definition in the structurer file?

> When we try to call a file with a completely non-existent name (e.g.
> upload/test-file.html - there is no such file), we get the following
> (expected) error message:
>
> ===============
> Internal Server Error
>
> Message: null

> Sender: org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet
>
> Source: Cocoon Servlet
>
> Request URI
>
> upload/test-file.html
> cause
>
> /Users/sjur/Documents/i18n/sd/src/documentation/content/xdocs/upload/test-file.xml
> (No such file or directory)
> request-uri
>
> /upload/test-file.html
> Apache Cocoon 2.2.0-dev
> ===============

Like you said this file does not exist, BUT the first example is in
theory covered by the structurer you use. In this structurer you are
requesting some raw data. This is the data the transformation in the
contract is based on (normally defined by @dataUri). This data cannot be
resolved.

salu2
--
thorsten

"Together we stand, divided we fall!"
Hey you (Pink Floyd)

Re: HTML source files broken

Posted by Børre Gaup <bo...@skolelinux.no>.
Gask, skábmamánu 1. b. 2006 04.11, David Crossley čálii:

Re: HTML source files broken

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
B??rre Gaup wrote:
> David Crossley ????lii:
> > B??rre Gaup wrote:
> </snip>
> > > The reason for this error was the we had hyphens (-) in the filename.
> > > When we replaced the hyphens with underscores, everything worked like a
> > > charm again.
> >
> > That is strange. I have a site that uses Dispatcher (pelt) and
> > an html source which has hyphens in the filename. I get no errors.
>
> I tried to experiment with the filename a bit.
> If I name the file "upload-corpus_file.html" it works, but if I call
> it "upload_corpus-file.html" forrest crashes.
>
> Could the error have something to do with the "-file" part?

Try it with something other than "-file". The trouble might
be that the sitemaps have some match that operates on the
"-file" pattern.

We already had a number of "reserved patterns". I hope that
we have not recently added more.
http://forrest.apache.org/faq.html#claimed_patterns

-David

Re: HTML source files broken

Posted by Børre Gaup <bo...@skolelinux.no>.
Maŋ, golggotmánu 31. b. 2006 02.32, David Crossley čálii:

Re: HTML source files broken

Posted by Børre Gaup <bo...@skolelinux.no>.
On Mon, November 6. b. 2006 23:09, David Crossley wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
> > B??rre Gaup wrote:
> > > The reason for this error was the we had hyphens (-) in the filename.
> > > When we replaced the hyphens with underscores, everything worked like a
> > > charm again.
> >
> > That is strange. I have a site that uses Dispatcher (pelt) and
> > an html source which has hyphens in the filename. I get no errors.
>
> Just in case we missed this observation.
>
> I use a slight modification of the "pelt" theme
> and have no such problems.
>
> What is the difference between your theme and the default.
> Perhaps an additional contract.
>
> -David

Sorry to have made such a fuzz.

The error was in our own sitemap. The problematic part was the following:

   <map:pipelines>
        <map:pipeline>
	(some line cut away)
           <map:match pattern="**corpus-*.xml">
                <map:generate src="{properties:content.xdocs}
{1}corpus-content.xml" />
                <map:transform
src="{properties:resources.stylesheets}/corpus-lang-overview2document.xsl">
                    <map:parameter name="overviewlang" value="{2}" />
                </map:transform>
                <map:transform type="i18n">
                    <map:parameter name="locale" value="en" />
                </map:transform>
                <map:serialize type="xml" />
            </map:match>

	(some line cut away)

        </map:pipeline>
</map:pipelines>

which inadvertently caught not only the intended "corpus-" files, but also
some unintended ones, as you all know by now (blush) ...

Once again, sorry to have made such a fuzz out of this, and thanks for the
care and concern you have shown.

Børre Gaup

Re: HTML source files broken

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.

Re: HTML source files broken

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.

Re: HTML source files broken

Posted by Børre Gaup <bo...@skolelinux.no>.
Gask, čakčamánu 27. b. 2006 01.46, David Crossley čálii:

Re: HTML source files broken

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.