Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Marc Perkel <ma...@perkel.com> on 2008/07/18 21:13:44 UTC

Sendmail Question [OT]

Just a quick sendmail question I'm asking for a friend. If they want to
make sendmail listen on port 2525 instead of 25 - what do they meed to
change? Email me privately off list.

Thanks in advance

Re: Sendmail Question [OT]

Posted by Andrzej Adam Filip <an...@onet.eu>.
Marc Perkel <ma...@perkel.com> wrote:

> Just a quick sendmail question I'm asking for a friend. If they want
> to make sendmail listen on port 2525 instead of 25 - what do they meed
> to change? Email me privately off list.
>
> Thanks in advance

By default sendmail accepts SMTP connections also on port 587.

Port 587 is intended for MUA->MTA communication unlike port 25 intended
for MTA->MTA communication.

--
[pl>en: Andrew] Andrzej Adam Filip : anfi@priv.onet.pl : anfi@xl.wp.pl
It is a wise father that knows his own child.

RE: Sendmail Question [OT]

Posted by Anthony Kamau <an...@anroet.com>.

You can also leave sendmail as it is and on the firewall, drop packets going
to port 25 and redirect traffic on port 2525 to port 25 on the machine
running sendmail:

iptables -A FORWARD -p tcp --dport smtp -j DROP
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp --dport 2525 -j DNAT --to-destination
server:25

Re: Sendmail Question [OT]

Posted by Duane Hill <d....@yournetplus.com>.
On Fri, 18 Jul 2008, Marc Perkel wrote:

> Just a quick sendmail question I'm asking for a friend. If they want to make
> sendmail listen on port 2525 instead of 25 - what do they meed to change?
> Email me privately off list.
>
> Thanks in advance

Google for:

   "sendmail" +alternate port