Posted to dev@guacamole.apache.org by Darko Pevec <da...@gmail.com> on 2020/11/06 17:01:23 UTC

Possible bug: SFTP file browser needs VNC traffic to update

Hello!

I believe I have stumbled upon a bug. I have set up guacamole 1.2.0 on
ubuntu with running VNC and SFTP connections. In my setup, both connections
are to servers localhost ports (VNC is bound through SSH forwarding, while
the SFTP connection is to the servers local file repository).

The unexpected behavior comes from the file browser. Any time the file
browser should update its listing, there has to be some VNC traffic before
the listing changes. There need to be some changes on the screen, for the
file browser to react. So when opening the file browser, it is usually
empty. After a while and some traffic, the listing shows. Even when trying
to download a file, after a double click, I need to produce some changes on
the screen, for the download to commence.

Are you already aware of this?

Regards,
Darko