Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net> on 2006/01/07 20:09:42 UTC

[naming] Shall we move this into new structure?

Anyone going to maven2ify it? I can move it into the new structure if
you guys like?

Alex

Re: Shall we move this into new structure?

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
I had this flagged to follow up from some time ago.

Did we ever get a response from Tomcat as to whether they'd want
naming as a dependency?

- Brett

--
Apache Maven - http://maven.apache.org
"Better Builds with Maven" book - http://library.mergere.com/

Re: Shall we move this into new structure?

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com>.

Re: [naming] Shall we move this into new structure?

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
On 1/9/06, Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> Brett we intended to put this all in one trunks area as we've been doing
> to date.  What is under directory/trunk should be called trunks really.
> I'll rename that today but I was asking you guys if you wanted me to
> move naming's trunk into this area.  The tags would go under releases
> and branches would go under branches.

Sounds fine. I was going to ask if the trunk directory was going to
house everything, or just the related things.

- Brett

Re: [naming] Shall we move this into new structure?

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net>.
Brett Porter wrote:

>It's structure is already as desired multiproject wise. Since it has a
>separate release cycle, I think its best to keep it under a separate
>trunk.

Brett we intended to put this all in one trunks area as we've been doing
to date.  What is under directory/trunk should be called trunks really.
I'll rename that today but I was asking you guys if you wanted me to
move naming's trunk into this area.  The tags would go under releases
and branches would go under branches.

>Phil made a couple of nice extensions to the build like aggregated
>javadoc that we haven't done for the m2 javadoc plugin yet. Might need
>to get those in order before converting.

Good idea.  For now we can still move the project into the structure we
have without converting it to m2.

>Either way, we really need to find out where it is going with regards
>to the discussion the other day before doing anything.

The discussion the other day is about hierarchy inside the trunks area.
When I asked about naming I was not intending on flattening the project
for you guys.  Just putting its trunk under directory/trunks, tags under
directory/releases and branches under directory/branches.  Just trying
to get the top level of directory REPO looking clean.  Naming is the
only odd man out ATM.

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.