Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Peter Royal <pr...@managingpartners.com> on 2002/04/12 18:02:15 UTC

[patch][altrmi] PartialSocket callback + cornerstone enhancement

... I tried testing the new callback transports, but I got errors

java.io.EOFException
        at java.io.DataInputStream.readInt(DataInputStream.java:343)
        at
org.apache.excalibur.altrmi.client.impl.stream.CallbackEnabledClientCustomStr
eamReadWriter.run(CallbackEnabledClientCustomStreamReadWriter.java:94) at
 java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

was the first. I'm going to drop back and just implement a separate
publish/subscribe for my callback temporarily.

But in the process I abstracted out the PartialSocket* family and also fixed
the cornerstone publishing pieces (unified them) nowt that there is an
abstract base class that it can use. So attached is a patch for altrmi +
classes for altrmi + cornerstone.

The cornerstone pieces replace all the existing Socket bits. It adds a new
configuration parameter called socketStreamServerClass which is the classname
of the socket stream server to instanstiate.
-pete