Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by "Peter H. Lemieux" <ph...@cyways.com> on 2006/11/15 20:16:35 UTC

Disclaimer of the month

For your amusement.  A spam arriving here today from Taiwan reads:

Dear Sir/Madam,

We learnt your e-mail add.from internet.

FIRST OF ALL,PLEASE KINDLY NOTE THIS E-MAIL IS SENT BY
OUR "ADVERTISING COMPANY" AND THE E-MAIL ADDRESS IS
NOT "REAL"(VIRTUAL),THEREFORE,PLEASE CONTACT US
VIA "FAX"  OR "POST".DON'T DIRECTLY RESPONSE VIA " E-MAIL"
BECAUSE WE CAN'T RECEIVE YOUR E-MAIL.
IF YOU WANT TO BE REMOVED FROM THE LIST,PLEASE ADVISE
YOUR E-MAIL ADDRESS & THIS E-MAIL CONTENT OR SUBJECT VIA "FAX" OR "POST".

Wow, I wonder how many people will want to communicate with them.  I
guess they missed the part in marketing class about impulse buying.

The From address was "parts@parts.com," which is a legitimate domain.  A
visit to the "contact us" page at www.parts.com reveals this:

"Parts.com is to be used as a parts portal. We are a software development
company that provides online software solutions. We do not carry, stock
or supply parts. If you are looking for a part, please contact a supplier
under that part category. If your business is looking for an online
e-commerence [sic] solution, please let us know."

I don't think I'll be contacting them any time soon!

Peter

PS:  To top it all off, the end of the spam message has this amusing
tidbit:  "Please directly push the button to send your fax message out,
don't pick up the phone."

Re: Disclaimer of the month

Posted by "John D. Hardin" <jh...@impsec.org>.
On Wed, 15 Nov 2006, Peter H. Lemieux wrote:

> Peter H. Lemieux wrote:
> > For your amusement.  A spam arriving here today from Taiwan reads:
>
> Sorry, I didn't intend to attach the whole message.

Eh, it's not too big a problem. I added it to my spambox for bayes to
chew on... :)

  There is no doubt in my mind that millions of lives could have been
  saved if the people were not "brainwashed" about gun ownership and
  had been well armed. ... Gun haters always want to forget the Warsaw
  Ghetto uprising, which is a perfect example of how a ragtag,
  half-starved group of Jews took 10 handguns and made asses out of
  the Nazis.                        -- Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Re: Disclaimer of the month

Posted by "Peter H. Lemieux" <ph...@cyways.com>.

Re: Disclaimer of the month

Posted by Benny Pedersen <me...@junc.org>.
On Wed, November 15, 2006 20:24, Maurice Lucas wrote:

> This must be send in reverse color so they are using a toner per day for
> there fax machine.

and what if this is not the spammers fax number ?

--
This message was sent using 100% recycled spam mails.

Re: Disclaimer of the month

Posted by Maurice Lucas <ms...@taos-it.nl>.
If it is a real fax number of teh spammers maybe we should have a DoS on
there fax machine.
"This is send from a fax at a post office. Please remove us from your
mailing or we will ask it again with 100 sheets of paper."
This must be send in reverse color so they are using a toner per day for
there fax machine.

With kind regards,

Maurice Lucas

--
Met vriendelijke groet,

Maurice Lucas
TAOS-IT

RE: Disclaimer of the month

Posted by Giampaolo Tomassoni <Gi...@Tomassoni.biz>.
> PS:  To top it all off, the end of the spam message has this amusing
> tidbit:  "Please directly push the button to send your fax message out,
> don't pick up the phone."

Well, it seems they want kindly share they fresh learning...

Giampaolo Tomassoni - IT Consultant
Piazza VIII Aprile 1948, 4
I-53044 Chiusi (SI) - Italy
Ph: +39-0578-21100