Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Rodent of Unusual Size <Ke...@Golux.Com> on 1998/02/07 15:06:14 UTC

Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src/include http_config.h

pcs@hyperreal.org wrote:

>   Modified:    src/include http_config.h
>   Log:
>   To support unloading dynamic modules, add a new element to the module
>   structure: dynamic_load_handle. This contains the handle of the
>   dynamically loaded module (used by mod_dll and mod_so) so it can be
>   unloaded later. This is initially set to NULL by the STANDARD_MODULE_STUFF
>   so no changes are needed to modules. Any shared modules built up to
>   now should be rebuild (the MMN could be bumped, but I don't think many
>   people will have big libraries of pre-built .so's yet. Oh, they might
>   have DLL's though. Um, prehaps MMN should be bumped up).

Whoa!  Any non-shared modules will need to be recompiled, too!  And
MMN should *definitely* be bumped, since anything which isn't marked
correctly in a Makefile (i.e., anything which won't get rebuilt because
it doesn't notice this change) will be broken, broken, broken.  We
need to sense the change at run-time in case it wasn't detected at
compile-time.

#ken	P-)}