Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Aarti Chandnani <Aa...@XUMA.com> on 2001/05/22 23:01:08 UTC

exec

Im trying to use the exec task.

And say i have my base dir as /NIGHTLY
and i have various directories like /NIGHTLY/a/b/c/

now in directory 'c' i have a file called script.sh
and the first line in script.sh is
mkdir d

when i run the exec it creates the 'd' direcotry in /NIGHTLY . However what
i am expecting is that it create the 'd' directory in 'c'
The xml is simple and has:

<exec executable="a/b/c/script.sh" failonerror="true" />

Is there anything I can do about it, besides changing my script?

Thanks
Aarti

Re: exec

Posted by jp Morgan <jp...@yahoo.com>.
what about mkdir /NIGHTLY/a/b/c/d

http://auctions.yahoo.com/

Re: exec

Posted by Diane Holt <ho...@yahoo.com>.
--- Aarti Chandnani <Aa...@XUMA.com> wrote:
> Im trying to use the exec task.
>
> And say i have my base dir as /NIGHTLY
> and i have various directories like /NIGHTLY/a/b/c/
>
> now in directory 'c' i have a file called script.sh
> and the first line in script.sh is
> mkdir d
>
> when i run the exec it creates the 'd' direcotry in /NIGHTLY . However
> what i am expecting is that it create the 'd' directory in 'c'
> The xml is simple and has:
>
> <exec executable="a/b/c/script.sh" failonerror="true" />
>
> Is there anything I can do about it, besides changing my script?

Add the "dir" attribute, and call the executable with its simple filename:

  <exec dir="a/b/c" executable="script.sh" failonerror="true"/>

(Although you might actually want to exec 'sh' instead, if you need it to
run on Windoze :)

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)