Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Beau Paisley <BP...@nimble.com> on 2002/05/15 02:14:26 UTC

Installation under jre1.4 problem

I have installed tomcat 3.2.4, SOAP 2.2, (and other required jars), and JRE
1.4.  I have run the SOAP server and client verification tests as outlined
in the instructions but when I go to the 'List' or 'Deploy' links in the
Admin interface I get the following traceback.  Any insights on getting past
this much appreciated.

Error: 500
Location: /soap/admin/list.jsp
Internal Servlet Error:

javax.servlet.ServletException: sun/tools/javac/Main
	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:508)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.doService(ServletWrapper.java:405)
	at
	at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.internalService(ContextManager.java:80
6)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:752)
	at
onnectionHandler.java:213)
	at
	at
org.apache.tomcat.util.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:501)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Root cause:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: sun/tools/javac/Main
	at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.SunJavaCompiler.compile(SunJavaCompiler.java:136)
	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:273)
	at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.doLoadJSP(JspServlet.java:612)
	at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JasperLoader12.loadJSP(JasperLoader12.java:146)
	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.loadJSP(JspServlet.java:542)
	at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.loadIfNecessary(JspSe
rvlet.java:258)
	at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.service(JspServlet.ja
va:268)
	at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:429)
	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:500)

Re: Installation under jre1.4 problem

Posted by "David B. Bitton" <da...@codenoevil.com>.
The reason you are getting this error is because JSP requires a compiler
(usually javac), and this is not in the JRE.  You'll find if you install
everything with the J2SDK, you won't get this error.
--

David B. Bitton
david@codenoevil.com

Code Made Fresh DailyT

Posted by Bruce Scharlau <sc...@csd.abdn.ac.uk>.

Posted by Bruce Scharlau <sc...@csd.abdn.ac.uk>.

Posted by Chris Argo <ar...@NewParticles.com>.
This is a guess, but you may have a corrupt jar file...try doing a table of contents on all your new jar files.

Posted by Chris Argo <ar...@NewParticles.com>.

Posted by Mark Childerson <ma...@childersoft.com>.
The problem is that you are using JRE, not SDK. JSPs work by generating a
servlet and then compiling it, so you need the compiler for them to work.

Mark.

Posted by Mark Childerson <ma...@childersoft.com>.