Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Andreas Kuckartz <A....@ping.de> on 2003/05/30 11:26:59 UTC

To do for release 1.0 (?)

These open Bugzilla entries are currently assigned to milestone 1.0:

19550 Scheduler jobs are not persistent
19558 Provide unit tests for core classes
19569 Load test and provide benchmarks
19577 Provide Class Diagrams
19580 Provide default implementations in root sitemap, with overri
19581 Create a default publication
19582 Standardize Lenya menus
19596 Standardize CMS screens

These open Bugzilla entries are not assigned to any milestone:

19644 Migrate to new documentation: "Revision controlling" section
19645 Migrate to new documentation: "Access controlling" section
19646 Migrate to new documentation: "Scheduler" section
19647 Migrate to new documentation: "Editor and editor interfaces"
19648 Migrate to new documentation: "Page/document creator" sectio
19649 Migrate to new documentation: "Publisher/replicator" section
19650 Migrate to new documentation: "File upload" section
19651 Create documentation: "Menus" section
19653 Migrate to new documentation: "Search engine" section
19654 Create documentation: "Testing"
19655 Migrate to new documentation: "Architecture" section
19656 Create documentation: "Directory structure"
19660 Migrate to new documentation: "OpenOffice integration" secti
19664 Create documentation: "Different sitemaps and their function
19729 Document the publication idea
20324 Website links to cvs.wyona.org

Cheers,
Andreas

RE: To do for release 1.0 (?)

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.org>.
> Andreas Kuckartz wrote:
>>
>> These open Bugzilla entries are currently assigned to milestone 1.0:
>>
>> 19550 Scheduler jobs are not persistent
>> 19558 Provide unit tests for core classes
>
> Maybe I can help with this, as I have some experience with JUnit.

very good. You can find the junit test "section" within the directory
"src/test"

The tests are being built and executed by "ant test"
where the "build" file is src/targets/test-build.xml"

Which
> classes are considered "core classes"?

Maybe it would be good to start first with a little documentation (where
are the tests located and how are they executed). Concerning the classes:
I suggest you just pick any class you are interested in ;-)

>> 19569 Load test and provide benchmarks
>
> There is an Apache tool called JMeter for load testing, it's quite easy to
> use. Again, I could help with that.

We should discuss first what we want to test. The default publication
is quite slow compared with the other publications at the moment.
We should find out where the time is being "lost".

> Let me know how I can help.

Thanks for your help

Michi

RE: To do for release 1.0 (?)

Posted by Mehmet Birgi <me...@birgi.ch>.
Andreas Kuckartz wrote:

> These open Bugzilla entries are currently assigned to milestone 1.0:
>
> 19550 Scheduler jobs are not persistent
> 19558 Provide unit tests for core classes

Maybe I can help with this, as I have some experience with JUnit. Which