Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by "Skalicky, Sam" <ss...@amazon.com.INVALID> on 2021/01/22 20:12:35 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache MXNet (incubating) version 1.8.0.rc3

Dear community,

This is a call for a releasing Apache MXNet (incubating) 1.8.0, release candidate 3.

Apache MXNet (incubating) community has voted and approved the release.

Vote thread:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r42511b3c24a6df9f07a502dd0afd9db514b2592c30c26b90ffbd36ce%40%3Cdev.mxnet.apache.org%3E

Result thread:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r4aa42956b2a9c417e10043dd12a16e926d0a11e8b0e7befeac3fb242%40%3Cdev.mxnet.apache.org%3E

The source tarball, including signatures, digests, etc. can be found at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/mxnet/1.8.0.rc3

The tag to be voted upon is 1.8.0.rc3:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/releases/tag/1.8.0.rc3

The release hash is 2fc0706874531fdfdbe49819eae0c88f8016eee3:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/commit/2fc0706874531fdfdbe49819eae0c88f8016eee3

KEYS file available:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/mxnet/KEYS

For information about the contents of this release, see:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MXNET/1.8.0+Release+Notes

Here are the changes comparing to 1.8.0.rc2:
* Updated LICENSE & rat checker
* Extensions bugfixes
* fix for R builds
* Upgrade to oneDNN v1.7 with required bugfixes
* Fix for testing with CUDA 11, remove cleanup on side threads
* Fix for building CUDA 11 with Windows
* Remove temporary fix for RNN in MKLDNN

The vote will be open for 72 hours.
[ ] +1 release this package as #########
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 do not release this package because...

Best regards,
Sam Skalicky

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache MXNet (incubating) version 1.8.0.rc3

Posted by Sam Skalicky <sa...@apache.org>.
Thanks for the vote & feedback Jason & Paul, we'll address these in the next release.

Sam

Posted by Paul King <pa...@asert.com.au>.
That makes sense. I equated "Unlicense" with the informal English usage of
"unlicensed" at first glance.
A possible improvement might be to use "Public domain (unlicense.org)"
instead of "Unlicense"
but perhaps others are more aware of that reference.

Cheers, Paul.

Posted by Leonard Lausen <la...@apache.org>.

Posted by Paul King <pa...@asert.com.au>.
+1 (binding)