Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Jorge Mascena <jo...@cesar.org.br> on 2003/03/24 19:31:28 UTC

[OT] invoking another tag from within a tag

I'd like to know what's the appropriate way to invoke a tag from another
tag, simulating what the web container does when there's a tag in a jsp
file.

For example, suppose I create a tag field so that:

(JSP code)

<mytaglib:field property="prop1" />
<mytaglib:field property="prop2" />

Will render a label and a text input field like:

(HTML output)

Prop1 Label:     TEXT INPUT FIELD FOR PROP1 HERE
Prop2 Label:     TEXT INPUT FIELD FOR PROP2 HERE

How can I achieve this from my "field" tag, so the result is equivalent
(has the same HTML output as above) to:

(JSP code)

Prop1 Label: <html:text property="prop1" />
Prop2 Label: <html:text property="prop2" />

IOW, how can I "invoke" the html:text tag from my "field" tag?

Thanks for any help.

Jorge Mascena