Posted to dev@libcloud.apache.org by Alex Willen <aw...@box.net> on 2010/04/12 22:25:38 UTC

[libcloud] Box.net and libcloud

Hi libcloud team,

My name is Alex Willen, and I work with the platform at Box.net, a
leading online content management and collaboration service with over 4
million users and 50,000 business customers. We have a well-developed
API, as well as a Python library, and I was wondering if it would be
possible to become a part of libcloud. Any information would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,
Alex Willen

Re: [libcloud] Box.net and libcloud

Posted by Jerry Chen <je...@apache.org>.
Hi Alex,

On Apr 12, 2010, at 3:25 PM, Alex Willen wrote:

> My name is Alex Willen, and I work with the platform at Box.net, a leading online content management and collaboration service with over 4 million users and 50,000 business customers. We have a well-developed API, as well as a Python library, and I was wondering if it would be possible to become a part of libcloud. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

I suppose we need to put this on the website, as the question comes up fairly often: libcloud is an open source project and to contribute you can use our bug tracker [1] to submit a patch.

A committer for the project will then review and provide feedback, and if all goes well, commit it into the codebase on your behalf, under the Apache license.

The best way to get involved is to stay active on the mailing list and join the IRC channel (#libcloud on Freenode).

Cheers,
Jerry

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LIBCLOUD