Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Raphaël Piéroni <ra...@gmail.com> on 2007/06/14 16:03:25 UTC

Enterprise M2 repository stored in subversion

Hi,

i have googled for an answer on the question whether
it is possible to store an entreprise Maven repository
in subversion and build a freshly checkouted project
in a computer with an empty local repository.

obviously the project's pom will contain the url
to the svn repository. but what such an URL would be ?

Thanks in advance for any help

Regards,

Raphaël

Re: Enterprise M2 repository stored in subversion

Posted by Steve Ebersole <st...@hibernate.org>.
Sure.  The JBoss repo (http://repository.jboss.com/maven2/) does exactly
this.  If the SVN repo is enabled for http access, then its no different
from accessing any other Maven repository.

Posted by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com>.
Can't make a local repository a remote repository. Either rsync iBiblio if
you need everything or use maven assembly to create a remote repository of
artifacts used in your project:
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-assembly-plugin/howto.html.

Kalle

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On 6/14/07, Raphaël Piéroni <ra...@gmail.com> wrote:

> What is the way to transform a local repository in such a 'remote'
> repository
> i think the metadatas will be a bit corrupted (or at least wrongly named).

You're correct that local and remote repository metadata is different.
 I can't find it right now, but I think someone wrote a tool to
"convert" a local repo into a remote repo.  It's probably in the list
archives, or maybe someone else remembers it.

--
Wendy

Re: Enterprise M2 repository stored in subversion

Posted by Raphaël Piéroni <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.