Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by David Nelson <da...@david-nelson.com> on 2003/07/26 23:58:21 UTC

Server Config Question

I have James 2.1.3 set up listening on Port 26 for test purposes.  I have sendmail and a dns server running on the same machine.  Sendmail is listening on Port 25.  I have James using sendmail on the local machine as a gateway.

Here is my problem/question:

Let's say the machine is configured as mail.example.com.  I can connect to James on port 26 using a MUA client and create an email.  If I send the mail to david@mail, the mail gets delivered properly through sendmail ends up where it needs to be.  If I fully-qualify the server name - i.e. send it to david@mail.example.com, the mail disappears.  Mail to david@localhost also disappers.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
David

James to Cyrus IMAP

Posted by David Nelson <da...@david-nelson.com>.
Does anyone know how to configure James to deliver local messages to Cyrus
IMAP (anyone have a custom Mailet they wanna share)?  I currently have James
sending all messages through sendmail because I have sendmail configured to
deliver mail to Cyrus.  I'd love to be able to eliminate sendmail from the
loop if possible.

Of course when James 3.0 comes out with the built in IMAP server that would
be even better :-)

Thanks!
David

Re: Server Config Question

Posted by David Nelson <da...@david-nelson.com>.
Nevermind...  I figured it out --  James was trying to deliver mail locally
itself and not sending mail it saw as local to the gateway.  That's why the
FQDN and localhost addresses "disappeared".  The unqualified domain got sent
through the sendmail gateway as James didn't think it was intended for a
local user.

A couple of tweaks to config.xml to disable local delivery and all is well.

Thanks anyway/again!
David