Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com> on 2002/12/27 01:08:17 UTC

RE: JDK 1.3.0 problem with latest James.

The problem is with Phoenix 4.0.1 and JVM 1.3.0, not with James, per se.  I
don't know what specifically causes the exception, but Phoenix never gets to
James code.  It dies internally first.

	--- Noel

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
> It maybe something to do with the way Phoenix has been compiled. Maybe a
> JDK1.3 compilation would fix things.

Perhaps.  But that is something that the Avalon folks ought to deal with.  I
really don't want to see us taking over the build process for included
platform code.

	--- Noel

Re: JDK 1.3.0 problem with latest James.

Posted by Harmeet Bedi <ha...@kodemuse.com>.
> The problem is with Phoenix 4.0.1 and JVM 1.3.0, not with James, per se.

There is a Phoenix README.txt in the distribution that says it support JDK
1.3 or higer. Should change this to 1.3.1 or higher if we can't get Phoenix
to work with JDK 1.3.0.

> don't know what specifically causes the exception, but Phoenix never gets
> James code.  It dies internally first.

It maybe something to do with the way Phoenix has been compiled. Maybe a
JDK1.3 compilation would fix things.
One interesting thing is that Phoenix breaks in different places with JDK
1.3 Hotspot and classic VM.

Harmeet