Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jason Chaffee <ja...@zilliontv.tv> on 2009/02/05 04:25:21 UTC

maven 2.1 or maven 3.0

Is there a timeline for a release and there anywhere I can find documentation on the new features/improvements/changes in said release?

regards,

Jason

RE: maven 2.1 or maven 3.0

Posted by Jason Chaffee <ja...@zilliontv.tv>.
Actually, I found this page: http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVEN/Maven+3.0.x

I cannot tell you how happy I am to hear about the rewriting of the artifact handling.  It is the main part of maven that I think has major architectural issues.  I very glad to see that Maven developers have realized this as well.  kudos.

Now I am even more excited for this release.  Any idea when it might happen?  Is there any chance to play around with a beta?

regards,

Jason
Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@sonatype.com>.
I'm about to stage alpha-2, I don't know exactly when there will be a
GA. Benjamin is pounding out ITs like no one's business and Shane is
working full-time on the core. Oleg is working full-time on the
artifact layer and I'm probably quarter time hopefully doing more once
we get m2e on the rails. Igor (who works on m2e) is also making many
changes to mesh Maven with an incremental system like Eclipse. All
said the hope is to produce an alpha a week but that's hasn't happened
yet because we keep running into snags. But we've installed Nexus and
that's where I plan to start pushing all the alphas on a regular basis
once we start. The current workload is in JIRA.

On 4-Feb-09, at 7:34 PM, Jason Chaffee wrote:

> Actually, I found this page: http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVEN/Maven+3.0.x
>
> I cannot tell you how happy I am to hear about the rewriting of the
> artifact handling.  It is the main part of maven that I think has
> major architectural issues.  I very glad to see that Maven
> developers have realized this as well.  kudos.
>
> Now I am even more excited for this release.  Any idea when it might
> happen?  Is there any chance to play around with a beta?
>
> regards,
>
> Jason

Jason

Jason van Zyl