Posted to dev@arrow.apache.org by Weston Pace <we...@gmail.com> on 2022/11/10 01:15:36 UTC

[RFC] Schema Evolution

I've created a document[1] that both describes the general idea of
schema evolution as well as my best guess at how it should work.  This
is written from an Acero / datasets perspective but the information
should be generally applicable / accessible.

I am doing some work in the scanner to enable an extension point for
schema evolution but I am probably not going to be implementing this
in the next few months.  However, I would like to get to it at some
point in the next year or possibly guide some others on
implementation.  So I'd appreciate any feedback or opinions on the doc
before too much work gets done.

[1] https://docs.google.com/document/d/1iWPm8wf6CwJzX6MIFPNzwaaVIjPr1sKRXw1qNr4Jq6c/edit#heading=h.94f33whmotx5

Re: [RFC] Schema Evolution

Posted by Weston Pace <we...@gmail.com>.