Posted to user@struts.apache.org by David Rocks <ro...@hotmail.com> on 2009/09/20 11:28:56 UTC

Iterator cannot populate param tag inside URL

Here is an interesting one, I have a collection of params I wish to inject into a URL dynamically.

I have a simple name value pair class that are stored in the extraArgs list

I can print out the extra tags on the page quite happily...

<s:iterator value="#attr.info.extraArgs" status="arg" >
    <s:property value="name" />,<s:property value="value" />
</s:iterator>

But when I go to try and slot them into a URL as params it does not work..

<aa hhref="<s:url action="%{#attr.info.baseUrl}" includeParams="none" >

    <s:iterator value="#attr.info.extraArgs" status="arg" >

        <s:param name="<s:property value='name' />" value="<s:property value='value' />" />

    </s:iterator>

    <s:param name="page" value="%{#attr.page}" />

</s:url>">${page}</aa>

(intentional spelling mistakes in the a tag)

The params just do not seem to come through. I'll probably knock this up with a scriptlet but bit annoyed as I think it should work.

Struts 2.1.6

Re: Iterator cannot populate param tag inside URL

Posted by Paweł Wielgus <po...@gmail.com>.
Hi David,
You are nesting tags, which is not possible/permitted.
Try to do something like < s:param name="name" value="value"/> inside
an iterator.
Should work.

Best greetings,
Pawel Wielgus.