Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Stuart Stephen <st...@4en.com> on 2002/07/30 18:45:30 UTC

HTTPS URL in Tomcat

Hi all,

I keep getting a MALFormedURLException in my servlet which is trying to
connect to a URL which begins 'https://'. However, I keep getting:

java.net.MalformedURLException: unknown protocol: https
	at java.net.URL.<init>(Unknown Source)
	at java.net.URL.<init>(Unknown Source)
	at java.net.URL.<init>(Unknown Source)

I've put
'-Djava.protocol.handler.pkgs=com.sun.net.ssl.internal.www.protocol' in my
tomcat startup. Also I have checked the java.security file and the line
'security.provider.3=com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.Provider' is there.

I have included all of the com.sun.net.*.*.*.*.*.* directories as a
precaution yet the error is still cropping up?

Why am I still getting these errors and how can I fix this?

Thanks for any help that is supplied!

Stuart Stephen