Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Jörn Nettingsmeier <po...@uni-duisburg-essen.de> on 2006/10/01 10:46:57 UTC

Re: [1.4] Cocoon cache error

Richard Frovarp wrote:
> I am getting the following error:
>
> cocoon-ehcache-1Cache: Could not remove disk store entry for
> PK_G-file-file:/usr/local/lenya-1.4.x/build/lenya/webapp/lenya/pubs/demo/config/publication.xconf_T-xslt-file:/usr/local/lenya-1.4.x/build/lenya/webapp/lenya/xslt/modules/modules2xinclude.xsl;area=authoring_T-xinclude-XInclude.
> Error was cocoon-ehcache-1 Cache: The Disk store is not active.

i've seen a similar error twice during the last 2 days.
but mine is transitional - when i reload the page, it usually goes away.
looks like a cocoon issue to me, but i have no time to investigate atm.
one way to pinpoint the problem could be to check the cocoon svn logs
for changes to the caching mechanism and then to revert only the cocoon
external branch to before that change...

--
"It's sad to behold how lately the wonderful English language has,
in the hands of corporate executives and marketing experts, re-

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier, EDV-Administrator
Institut für Politikwissenschaft

Re: [1.4] Cocoon cache error

Posted by Jörn Nettingsmeier <po...@uni-duisburg-essen.de>.
Jann Forrer wrote:
> Jörn Nettingsmeier wrote:
>> Jann Forrer wrote:

>>> The ehcache can be configured in a file called ehcache.xml. You can find
>>> this file in your cocoon dir e.g.
>>> ./cocoon-2.1.X/src/java/org/apache/cocoon/components/store/impl/ehcache.xml
>>>

>>> Within this file you can (among other things) set the diskStore path
>>> (defaul is: <diskStore path="java.io.tmpdir"/>).
>>>
>>> BTW, i would recommend to change the entries for productive use anyway.
>>>  the <defaultCache> too.  By default eternal is set to true which lead
>>> to quite big cache files for our installation.
>
> Sorry, a really bad sentence!
>
>> good point. we need a production howto when 1.4 gets out... i'm starting
>> a wiki page. could you add some caching information?
>>

> Yes, I can add a possible configuration for the ehcache there.

thanks. hack away, everybody:

http://wiki.apache.org/lenya/How_to_tune_Lenya_1%2e4_for_Production_Use

Re: [1.4] Cocoon cache error

Posted by Jann Forrer <ja...@id.unizh.ch>.
Jörn Nettingsmeier wrote:
> Jann Forrer wrote:
>> Richard Frovarp wrote:

>>> Here is what I've found. If I download Cocoon 2.1.9 and run it as a test
>>> application, it will dump the cache files in
>>> Jetty__8888__/cocoon-files/cache-dir. If I grab the latest snapshot,
>>> that directory exists, but the cache files are not in that directory.
>>> Since that directory obviously has the port in its name, running
>>> multiple copies in the past would not have been an issue. Now the files
>>> follow the java.io.tmpdir property. If you change this property, you can
>>> get it to put the cache files in different locations.
>>>

>> The ehcache can be configured in a file called ehcache.xml. You can find
>> this file in your cocoon dir e.g.
>> ./cocoon-2.1.X/src/java/org/apache/cocoon/components/store/impl/ehcache.xml
>>

>> Within this file you can (among other things) set the diskStore path
>> (defaul is: <diskStore path="java.io.tmpdir"/>).
>>
>> BTW, i would recommend to change the entries for productive use anyway.
>>  the <defaultCache> too.  By default eternal is set to true which lead
>> to quite big cache files for our installation.

Sorry, a really bad sentence!

> good point. we need a production howto when 1.4 gets out... i'm starting
> a wiki page. could you add some caching information?

Yes, I can add a possible configuration for the ehcache there.

Jann

Re: [1.4] Cocoon cache error

Posted by Jörn Nettingsmeier <po...@uni-duisburg-essen.de>.

Re: [1.4] Cocoon cache error

Posted by Jann Forrer <ja...@id.unizh.ch>.
Richard Frovarp wrote:

[ ... ]

> I have looked at that file. Both the 2.1.9 and snapshot have the same
> contents, which is the default you list. Why is one putting the cache
> into the Jetty cocoon directory and the other into /tmp.

I don't know :-(

> I suppose this is a question for the cocoon group.

Yes . If you get an answer can you inform the list?

Jann

Re: [1.4] Cocoon cache error

Posted by Richard Frovarp <Ri...@sendit.nodak.edu>.
Richard Frovarp wrote:

>> The ehcache can be configured in a file called ehcache.xml. You can find
>> this file in your cocoon dir e.g.
>> ./cocoon-2.1.X/src/java/org/apache/cocoon/components/store/impl/ehcache.xml
>>

>> Within this file you can (among other things) set the diskStore path
>> (defaul is: <diskStore path="java.io.tmpdir"/>).
>>
>> BTW, i would recommend to change the entries for productive use anyway.
>>  the <defaultCache> too.  By default eternal is set to true which lead
>> to quite big cache files for our installation.
>>
>> HTH
>>
>> Jann
>>

> I have looked at that file. Both the 2.1.9 and snapshot have the same
> contents, which is the default you list. Why is one putting the cache
> into the Jetty cocoon directory and the other into /tmp. I suppose
> this is a question for the cocoon group.
>
> Richard

I found the issue. They switched from ehcache 1.1 to 1.2 and the
constructor changed. I have filed a bug with the Cocoon group.

Richard

Re: [1.4] Cocoon cache error

Posted by Richard Frovarp <Ri...@sendit.nodak.edu>.
>>> Here is what I've found. If I download Cocoon 2.1.9 and run it as a test
>>> application, it will dump the cache files in
>>> Jetty__8888__/cocoon-files/cache-dir. If I grab the latest snapshot,
>>> that directory exists, but the cache files are not in that directory.
>>> Since that directory obviously has the port in its name, running
>>> multiple copies in the past would not have been an issue. Now the files
>>> follow the java.io.tmpdir property. If you change this property, you can
>>> get it to put the cache files in different locations.
>>>

> The ehcache can be configured in a file called ehcache.xml. You can find
> this file in your cocoon dir e.g.
> ./cocoon-2.1.X/src/java/org/apache/cocoon/components/store/impl/ehcache.xml
>
> Within this file you can (among other things) set the diskStore path
> (defaul is: <diskStore path="java.io.tmpdir"/>).
>
> BTW, i would recommend to change the entries for productive use anyway.
>  the <defaultCache> too.  By default eternal is set to true which lead
> to quite big cache files for our installation.
>
> HTH
>
> Jann

I have looked at that file. Both the 2.1.9 and snapshot have the same
contents, which is the default you list. Why is one putting the cache
into the Jetty cocoon directory and the other into /tmp. I suppose this

Re: [1.4] Cocoon cache error

Posted by Jann Forrer <ja...@id.unizh.ch>.

Re: [1.4] Cocoon cache error

Posted by Richard Frovarp <Ri...@sendit.nodak.edu>.