Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by John Sanda <jo...@gmail.com> on 2017/05/05 20:54:58 UTC

manual deletes with TWCS

How problematic is it to perform deletes when using TWCS? I am currently
using TWCS and have some new use cases for performing deletes. So far I
have avoided performing deletes, but I am wondering what issues I might run
into.

- John

Re: manual deletes with TWCS

Posted by Alexander Dejanovski <al...@thelastpickle.com>.
Hi John,

if all your data is TTLed then you'll be fine and purge should happen in
due time as long as your sstables don't overlap on timestamp (which can
only happen through repair mechanisms).
The tombstones will get purged when the ssatble that contain them also
fully expire.

Cheers

--
-----------------