Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Volker Lamp <vo...@gmail.com> on 2022/01/26 22:49:54 UTC

Forbidden access to component documentation

Hi guys,

There is an issue with the Tapestry docs. Specifically, the links from the Component Reference page to the pages of the individual components are inaccessible.

For example:

http://tapestry.apache.org/current/apidocs/org/apache/tapestry5/corelib/components/AjaxFormLoop.html

Don’t know how to fix it but wanted to make you aware.

Volker

Re: Forbidden access to component documentation

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Jan 27, 2022 at 6:11 AM Ben Weidig <be...@netzgut.net> wrote:

> Hi,

Hello!

> It looks like the "current" API docs isn't working.
> The 5.7.3 folder exists, but 5.8.0 / current isn't working.

They're actually there, but the Forbidden message implies somehow access is
being denied. But it turned out I just forgot to commit the new 5.8.0
folder (facepalm)

Yes: https://tapestry.apache.org/release-process.html.

> I've updated the "Documentation / API and Component Reference" page to list
> 5.8.0 with the currently non-functional link, and to the correct 5.7.3
> link.

Thanks for catching and fixing that.

> What is the row "Component Reference" supposed to mean? It wasn't clear to
> me how to update it.

Good question.

--
Thiago

Re: Forbidden access to component documentation

Posted by Bob Harner <bo...@gmail.com>.
"current" is supposed to be a symbolic link on the file system that gets
updated with each release.

Posted by Ben Weidig <be...@netzgut.net>.
Hi,

thanks!

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Jan 26, 2022 at 7:50 PM Volker Lamp <vo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi guys,

Hello, Volker!

> There is an issue with the Tapestry docs. Specifically, the links from the
> Component Reference page to the pages of the individual components are
> inaccessible.
> For example:
>
> http://tapestry.apache.org/current/apidocs/org/apache/tapestry5/corelib/components/AjaxFormLoop.html
> Don’t know how to fix it but wanted to make you aware.

Thank you very much for letting us know about that. I'll take a look as
soon as possible. I always get something wrong when doing a release . . . :(

--
Thiago