Posted to users@maven.apache.org by solo1970 <so...@ericsson.com> on 2008/11/03 20:32:11 UTC

SNAPSHOT dependant version not picked up...

Hello,

I have one module (A) dependant on another module (B).  I made a change to
the API of A and did a deploy to the repository (SNAPSHOT version).  I then
try to compile B, but it doesn't download the new SNAPSHOT version that's
just been deployed, the only way I was able to is by deleting the SNAPSHOT
version in my local repository....????

Doesn't Maven check if there is a newer SNAPSHOT version based on the
timestamp??

How do I solve this without deleting the local repository each time???

Sonia

Re: SNAPSHOT dependant version not picked up...

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
> Doesn't Maven check if there is a newer SNAPSHOT version based on the
> timestamp??

Only if you have configured updatePolicy "always" in the repository
configuration of your settings.xml. Otherwise, the default is "daily".

http://maven.apache.org/settings.html

Wayne