Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by P Fudd <pf...@binkmail.com> on 2012/12/18 23:56:01 UTC

[users@httpd] How do I log fcgid stdin/stdout?

Hello!

I'm going a bit squirrelly trying to debug a FastCGI-enabled perl program.
 At this point, I just want to see what the client is sending and
receiving.

Normally, I'd pull out WireShark and watch the traffic, but this is https
traffic, and turning off ssl would break the application in numerous ways.

After reading through rather more man pages than I'd prefer, it looks like
what I want is the "ScriptLog" directive but applied to Fcgid processes.
Is there a nice way to achieve this?

Note to others finding this message via Google:  These things don't work:
  With Perl:
    1. use Capture::Tiny;  -- log files are empty
    2. use PerlIO::tee;     -- log files are empty
    3. writing a wrapper program (might have worked, but I didn't figure
it out)
  With Apache:
    4. writing an external fcgid program (gaah, those docs hurt my eyes)

These things sort-of work:
    1. strace -p <processid>    -- lots of unrelated messages
    2. mod_dumpio        -- ditto
    3. Firefox TamperData plugin  -- the log is hard to read
    4. mod_forensic   -- logs requests only

Thanks!