Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by "Walther, Benjamin" <Be...@sunrise.net> on 2004/09/17 11:06:49 UTC

Extending: Visualizer and Collector

Hi,

sorry for the crosspost...

I am in prozess of exending JMeter:

I wrote a custom
 Visualizer extending from org.apache.jmeter.visualizers.TableVisualizer and
a corresponding
Collector extending from org.apache.jmeter.reporters.ResultCollector

As far as I know the visualizers get added to the menus via reflection in
teh MenuFactory class. What I did was just adding my jar to the search_paths
property as described in the manual.

My visualizer doesn't appear in the list of Listeners however. What did I
miss?

Thanks

Re: Extending: Visualizer and Collector

Posted by Michael Stover <ms...@apache.org>.
Search_Paths and the classpath have to agree, and since JMeter
constructs it's own classpath internally, it is currently limited to
/lib/ext where extensions will be picked up.  That's what the directory
is for.

-Mike

On Fri, 2004-09-17 at 06:54, sebb wrote:
> I'm not sure if the search_paths property is implemented fully. Have
> you tried putting the jar in lib/ext along with the other JMeter jars?
>

> On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 11:06:49 +0200, Walther, Benjamin
> <be...@sunrise.net> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > sorry for the crosspost...
> >
> > I am in prozess of exending JMeter:
> >
> > I wrote a custom
> >  Visualizer extending from org.apache.jmeter.visualizers.TableVisualizer and
> > a corresponding
> > Collector extending from org.apache.jmeter.reporters.ResultCollector
> >
> > As far as I know the visualizers get added to the menus via reflection in
> > teh MenuFactory class. What I did was just adding my jar to the search_paths
> > property as described in the manual.
> >
> > My visualizer doesn't appear in the list of Listeners however. What did I
> > miss?
> >
> > Thanks

Michael Stover <ms...@apache.org>
Apache Software Foundation