Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by An...@ril.com on 2016/06/20 10:30:55 UTC

Restoring the Snapshot taken by Lucene

Hello,

In my project, we are using Lucene 5.5.0. We took advantage of the Snapshot API (Persistent) to take the snapshot of the indexes which are currently being used in the application.

The indexes are stored in the directory. The snapshot takes the snapshot of the indexes and store it in another directory.

The snapshot is getting generated properly.

However, I have no means to restore the snapshot taken. Say suppose I wish to restore the snapshot into the current indexing directory.

How do we go about restoring the snapshot so that I can fire search queries on it. Also once the indexes are restored, we would be doing incremental indexing on it.

Is there any way out to achieve both of these activities? (Restoring the snapshot to allow search and doing incremental indexing on the restored snapshot)

Regards,
Ankit Murarka
"Confidentiality Warning: This message and any attachments are intended only for the use of the intended recipient(s).
are confidential and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient. you are hereby notified that any
review. re-transmission. conversion to hard copy. copying. circulation or other use of this message and any attachments is
strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient. please notify the sender immediately by return email.
and delete this message and any attachments from your system.

Virus Warning: Although the company has taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in this email.
The company cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this email or attachment."