Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Abhay Saswade <ab...@hotmail.com> on 2002/10/07 21:51:49 UTC

Numeric Search

Hi all,

I could able to build my test search application with lucene. Working fine,
thanks to all contributors. I noticed lucene is not working well on numeric
search. I have question. How do I search on numeric values and alphanumeric
words? (e.g. 12345 and abc123, abc123xyz etc). I saw mailing archives and
didn’t get any simple way to do this. I’ll appreciate suggestions on how to
get around this problem?

Thanks in advance,
Abhay

Re: Numeric Search

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
Perhaps your analyzer is throwing out numbers from the input before
indexing.

Otis