Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by "Peter Wicks (pwicks)" <pw...@micron.com> on 2016/08/24 18:36:50 UTC

Can't export Templates from NiFi 1.0.0 BETA

I've created a template in NiFi 1.0.0 BETA, but am unable to export it.
Security is enabled, Kerberos.  I get the following error:

Unable to perform the desired action due to insufficient permissions. Contact the system administrator.

I've tried giving myself and a group containing me both `view the component` and `modify the component` access to the template; this made no difference. I am able to place new copies of the same template without issue.

I spun up NiFi 1.0.0 from source, so not an exact replica... with no authentication and it exported fine, but with no auth enabled and an auth error message that isn't too surprising.

I can submit a bug, but thought I'd check if there was more I should try.

Thanks,
  Peter

Re: Can't export Templates from NiFi 1.0.0 BETA

Posted by Matt Gilman <ma...@gmail.com>.
Peter,

Thanks for checking in regarding this issue. I believe what you're seeing
has been addressed [1] on master since the BETA was cut a few weeks ago.
Feel free to give it a shot in your most recent build with auth enabled and
let us know if you're still seeing weirdness.

Thanks!

Matt