Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org> on 2015/04/08 08:35:31 UTC

Re: ConfigAdmin 1.8.2 does not call ManagedServiceFactory updates method

Am 30.03.15 um 22:22 schrieb Balázs Zsoldos:
> Hi,
>
> I tried to upgrade felix configadmin from 1.8.0 to 1.8.2. With 1.8.0
> everything is fine. However, with 1.8.2 the updated method of my
> ManagedServiceFactory is called only if the configuration is re-bind the
> configuration on webconsole.
>
> In case the framework starts or I re-install the ManagedServiceFactory
> service, the updated method is not called.
>
> I debugged version 1.8.2 a bit and I see that the code arrives to
> *UpdateThread:190:*
>
>             updateTasks.notifyAll();
>
> I guess after this call the debug should stop at *UpdateThread:85* (right
> after *updateThreads.wait()*) but it does not. It seems that updateThread
> is not running.
>
> Does anyone have an idea what went wrong (especially the one who modified
> this part of the code between 1.8.0 and 1.8.2)?

I don't see a code change between 1.8.0 and 1.8.2 in this section. 1.8.2
is still passing the CT (in this respect at least).
if the problem is still there, please file a Jira issue, if possible
with the source of your bundle showing the problem.

Thanks
Carsten
--
Carsten Ziegeler
Adobe Research Switzerland

Re: ConfigAdmin 1.8.2 does not call ManagedServiceFactory updates method

Posted by Balázs Zsoldos <ba...@everit.biz>.
Hi,

it is a bit strange as I can reproduce it on my Windows based computer but
not on Linux with the same sample application (that does not contain native
code). This must be some very strange issue.

I will investigate the issue a bit more (if it does not disappear with a
windows update :) ).

Thanks and regards,
*Zsoldos Balázs*