Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Dário Oliveros <ol...@cpqd.com.br> on 2006/12/28 18:16:26 UTC

Re: Too many jars added to lib?

I've been facing the same issue with apache commons configuration.
I've checked its source repository at apache and noticed this component was
being generated by maven 1. And that might be the reason its pom at central
repository has some many compile dependencies since compile is the default
scope in maven 2.
I think it's really important to get it fixed at the central repository to
avoid excluding unnecessary dependencies every time a sort of packaging is
needed.
What would be the steps to get it updated at ibiblio ? Whom should I contact
? commons configuration developers or an ibiblio administrator ?
Thanks,
Dário

Re: Too many jars added to lib?

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On 12/28/06, Dário Oliveros <ol...@cpqd.com.br> wrote:

> I've been facing the same issue with apache commons configuration.
> I've checked its source repository at apache and noticed this component was
> being generated by maven 1. And that might be the reason its pom at central
> repository has some many compile dependencies since compile is the default
> scope in maven 2.
> I think it's really important to get it fixed at the central repository to
> avoid excluding unnecessary dependencies every time a sort of packaging is
> needed.
> What would be the steps to get it updated at ibiblio ? Whom should I contact
> ? commons configuration developers or an ibiblio administrator ?

The current policy seems to be that released poms will not be changed.
 So, the Commons Configuration developers would need to fix it and do
another release.

Here's the Commons Configuration project.xml file:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/commons/proper/configuration/trunk/project.xml

It looks like the problem you describe has been fixed, I see a lot of
test scope and at least one optional dependency.  (The properties will
be converted to the appropriate elements for pom.xml in the Maven 2
repository.)  If you see any more that need to be fixed, you can
submit a patch in their issue tracker.

--
Wendy