Posted to dev@airavata.apache.org by "Christie, Marcus Aaron" <ma...@iu.edu> on 2017/11/01 16:40:49 UTC

Airavata test failures in Jenkins?

Dev,

I vaguely recall that there is some issue with running the airavata testsuite in Jenkins and we ended up disabling it.  Is there an issue for the problems faced, or any pointers? I’m interested in digging into this problem.

Thanks,

Marcus

Re: Airavata test failures in Jenkins?

Posted by Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org>.
Hi Gourav,

> On Nov 1, 2017, at 11:58 PM, Shenoy, Gourav Ganesh <go...@indiana.edu> wrote:
>
> Hi Suresh,
>
> I forgot to mention another point – about using containerized RabbitMQ for unit testing – I am not very confident about that approach. Having an in-memory broker for unit/integration testing our Airavata code will help avoid the underlying dependency of Docker availability. Please let me know your views.

That was the original idea. Similar to Derby for database and Embedded zookeeper for tests, the intent was to use Apache Qpid. But since that will take more time to integrate I suggested the docker approach. But I am +0 for either of these it will be nice to see we put some focus back on getting Jenkins tests reliably working.

Suresh

Posted by "Shenoy, Gourav Ganesh" <go...@indiana.edu>.
Hi Suresh,

Posted by "Christie, Marcus Aaron" <ma...@iu.edu>.