Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Will Glass-Husain <wg...@forio.com> on 2002/05/13 18:45:36 UTC

reloading a user from TURBINE_USER

Hi,

I have a page "Edit Account" that changes some data in the TURBINE_USER
table.  I use a custom TurbineUserPeer do do this that maps to fields I've
added to  TURBINE_USER with address and contact info.

But I notice that the Last Name, Email, FirstName fields get overwritten
when I go to a new page.  Presumably because there is a User object in
memory which gets written back to the database.

To solve this, I'd like to make my code do the following

--> save the User   (presumably   TurbineSecurity.saveUser)
--> edit the database
--> reload the User from the database with the new info

How do I do the last step?

Thanks, WILL

_______________________________________
Forio Business Simulations
Will Glass-Husain
(415) 440-7500 phone
(415) 235-4293 mobile

wglass@forio.com
www.forio.com

Re: reloading a user from TURBINE_USER

Posted by Naga Pappireddi <na...@jalvamedia.com>.
Bill,
Have you extended the table using How-to pages. We extended turbine_user and
turbine_role and donot have problems. Perhaps the problem you are facing is
different
2cents
Naga Pappireddi