Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Miguel Marques <mi...@yorku.ca> on 2002/09/11 22:52:55 UTC

Persistent FileStore with multiple servers...

Greetings...

I'm new to Tomcat and I'm unsure whether or not this is possible.
I have the setup described in 'Apache 1.3.23 + Tomcat 4.0.2 + Load
Balancing' (http://www.ubeans.com/tomcat) in mind.
This involves using mod_jk to redirect users to different tomcat
servers but making sure the same session is always forwarded to the
same server.

However if a Tomcat server crashes or is shutdown I would like user's
to be automatically redirected to the other server *with* their
sessions intact.
Can I achieve this by specifying the same directory in the <Store>
element for a Persistent Manager configuration in both Tomcat servers?
This assumes that session ids are always distinct between Tomcat
servers running in the same machine and there are no other gotchas I
haven't thought of.
Any comments/helpful suggestions greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

							Miguel

--
C. Miguel Marques, Development Services, Computing and Network Services, York University
e-mail: miguel@yorku.ca, voice: (416)736-2100x22684, fax: (416)736-5830