Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> on 2007/01/08 22:38:45 UTC

[proposal] consolidate sandboxes

Hi,

When we earlier opened the Maven sandbox to all ASF committers, I
think it was the intention to do this for all sandboxes, but that
wasn't the case in practice.

To have a cleaner ACL, and cleaner externals on /trunks, I'd like to
propose we consolidate the sandboxes.

The structure would be:
/maven/sandbox
   /maven
     /benchmark (from /sandbox)
     /maven-1.x-integration (from /sandbox)
   /shared
     /maven-artifact-tools (from /sandbox)
     /maven-repository-checker (from /sandbox)
     /maven-shared-jar (from /sandbox)
     /maven-shared-java-parser (from /sandbox)
     /maven-shared-license (from /sandbox)
   /plugins (as now)
   /other
     /acm (from /sandbox)
     /grafo (from /sandbox)
     /issue (from /sandbox)
     /marmalade (from /sandbox)
     /maven-dynamic-web (from /sandbox)
     /maven-metamorphosis (from /sandbox)
     /reports (from /sandbox)
     /ssh-tester (from /sandbox)
     /taxonomy (from /sandbox)
     /wiki (from /sandbox)
   /wagon
     /wagon-scm (from /sandbox)
   /scm (from /scm/trunk/sandbox)
   /surefire (from /surefire/trunk/sandbox)
   /doxia (from /doxia/trunk/sandbox)
   /continuum (from /continuum/sandbox)
   /archiva (from /archiva/sandbox)
   /maven-1-plugins (from /maven-1/plugins-sandbox)

Thoughts?

Cheers,
Brett

Re: [proposal] consolidate sandboxes

Posted by Joakim Erdfelt <jo...@erdfelt.com>.
+1

- Joakim

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
Yep, that's the intent. Just that there are various modules in the
current sandbox, so I'm grouping them by subproject in the example.

Posted by Trygve Laugstøl <tr...@apache.org>.

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.
+1

Emmanuel

Posted by Vincent Siveton <vi...@gmail.com>.
+1 for this

Vincent

Posted by Arnaud HERITIER <ah...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Rahul Thakur <ra...@gmail.com>.
I think it makes sense to have these modules consolidated under one
umbrella.

+1

Cheers,
Rahul