Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Ismael Juma <is...@juma.me.uk> on 2022/04/04 22:15:51 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] KIP-826: Define platforms supported

Regarding 2, relying on CI alone is quite challenging from a debugging
perspective. Committers typically rely on the ability to run locally or via
a VM on a given platform. For platforms that are not particularly popular,
I am not sure if the Apache Kafka committer should incur the burden of
supporting them.

Ismael

Posted by Ismael Juma <is...@juma.me.uk>.
On Mon, Apr 4, 2022 at 3:15 PM Ismael Juma <is...@juma.me.uk> wrote:

> Regarding 2, relying on CI alone is quite challenging from a debugging
> perspective. Committers typically rely on the ability to run locally or via
> a VM on a given platform. For platforms that are not particularly popular,
> I am not sure if the Apache Kafka committer should incur the burden of
> supporting them.

I meant Apache Kafka community vs committer.