Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Bill Davidson <bi...@gmail.com> on 2009/07/14 21:56:40 UTC

Re: [users@httpd] Re: Weird problem with SSL and Google Chrome and IE7/8.

André Warnier wrote:
> Make sure you post the final solution though.  That may be useful to a
> lot of people in the future.

Still haven't figured it out.

One thing I ran across today is that SSL session caching is important
for IE (maybe for Chrome too?).  I have this:

SSLSessionCache        "shmcb:/path/to/httpd/logs/ssl_scache(512000)"
SSLSessionCacheTimeout  1200

SSLMutex  "file:/path/to/httpd/logs/ssl_mutex"

I can't find these files in my logs directory.  I checked the paths and they
are correct.

I'm running RedHat 5.2Server.  I checked the shared memory:

# ipcs -m

------ Shared Memory Segments --------
key        shmid      owner      perms      bytes      nattch     status
0x00000000 32768      gdm       600        393216     2          dest
0x00000000 262145     oracle    644        790528     2          dest
0x00000000 294914     oracle    644        790528     2          dest
0x00000000 327683     oracle    644        790528     2          dest

This is a development server running 4 different httpd servers on different
virtual IP's (for different developers), all with the same SSL config except
for different paths to the files, they're all having that problem, and
none of
them seem to have shared memory segments reported in ipcs.  They would
presumably be owned by root, since httpd is started as root (via sudo).

There are no errors in the error_log.

Re: [users@httpd] Re: Weird problem with SSL and Google Chrome and IE7/8.

Posted by Bill Davidson <bi...@gmail.com>.
Figured it out.  The shm files were on an NFS mounted file system,
since all of our development space is on an NFS drive.  I set the
shm files up in /var/tmp and it's fast again.

Sigh.