Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Edward Quick <ed...@hotmail.com> on 2006/09/26 14:33:56 UTC

logging status code

Hi,

In Apache, you can specify directives <%s of >%s in the logformat to get the
original status code, and the actual status code returned for an http
request. I use this for my error page which returns back a code 200, but
also gives me a log with the real return code.

Now I am trying to set up my error page up in Tomcat, but using the Access
Log Valve, you can only log the returned status code which is always a 200.
This seems to be true of Tomcat 4.1, 5.0 and 5.5, although I'm using 4.1.31

Is there any way in Tomcat for me to get the original status code?

Thanks,

Ed.