Posted to dev@velocity.apache.org by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net> on 2008/08/07 15:49:07 UTC

MathTool documentation is out of date

All,

While looking for the answer to a user's question, I noticed that the
documentation for MathTool does not cover all of the actual methods
available in MathTool for tools-1.4.

I'm happy to update this documentation -- just tell me where to go and
which files to update.

Thanks,
-chris

Re: MathTool documentation is out of date

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.
Nathan,

Nathan Bubna wrote:
> Please feel free to improve the javadoc but don't bother with the xml
> file unless you think we should do a 1.5 or 1.4.1 release.

Okay. If the javadoc should be considered the best documentation for
veltools, should we update the website so that it directs users /there/,
rather than a stale page? I think that's probably the best strategy.

Posted by Nathan Bubna <nb...@gmail.com>.
Well, for VelocityTools 2, i've ditched the separate tool
documentation file and am focusing on making the javadoc serve well.
It was too much to try and keep the separate xml file in sync, as you
have discovered.

Please feel free to improve the javadoc but don't bother with the xml
file unless you think we should do a 1.5 or 1.4.1 release.  If so,
then the file you seek is:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/velocity/tools/tags/1.4/xdocs/generic/MathTool.xml