Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Jeremy Warach <je...@hotmail.com> on 2000/02/02 18:16:53 UTC

Tomcat how-to/jumpstart/tutorial docs?

I'd like to get started with Tomcat and really understand how to set it up
and configure it and so on, but using the readme's and the .xml and .dtd
files isn't working for me very well.  Basically I'm pretty confused. Is
there a good source of documentation which can jumpstart me? I've used a
previous version of the JWSDK server, but I'm using the default
configuration to get my servlets and everything else working, and I don't
know what to change in order to customize it for my particular application.
I've looked at the Servlet 2.2 API documentation, and I don't intend to use
JSP (I'm using the open source WebMacro template engine instead), but again,
I really want to have a good handle on what I'm doing here, and I feel kind
of lost...

If it matters, I'm installing Tomcat on a Windows machine.

Many thanks,
Jeremy
jeremy_warach@hotmail.com