Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "Kashyap, Raghu" <Ra...@orbitz.com> on 2008/12/10 05:40:56 UTC

snappuller issue with multicore

Hi,

  We are seeing a strange behavior with snappuller

We have 2 cores Hotel & Location

Here are the steps we perform

1.	index hotel on master server
2.	index location on master server
3.	execute snapshooter for hotel core on master server
4.	execute snapshooter for location core on master server
5.	execute snappuller from slave machines (once for hotel core &
once for location core)

However, the hotel core snapshot is pulled into the location data dir.

Here are the commands that we execute in our ruby scripts

system('solr/multicore/hotel/bin/snappuller -P 18983 -S /solr/data -M
masterServer  -D /solr/data/hotel ")

system("solr/multicore/location/bin/snappuller -P 18983 -M masterServer
-S /solr/data -D /solr/data/location")

Thanks,

Raghu

RE: snappuller issue with multicore

Posted by "Kashyap, Raghu" <Ra...@orbitz.com>.
Ok I think the problem is what Bill mentioned earlier. The rsync port
was the same for both the cores and due to which it was copying the same
snapshot for both the cores

Thanks for all the help

-Raghu
Posted by "Kashyap, Raghu" <Ra...@orbitz.com>.