Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Dick Barnes <ri...@snet.net> on 2000/07/10 01:45:34 UTC

StaticInterceptor compile error

I just downloaded the CVS code for tomcat and tried to build it...I'm
new to the tomcat build
process, but I'm pretty sure that this isn't a result of anything in the
way I'm
configured...org\apache\tomcat\request\StaticInterceptor clearly does
include both packages,
org.apache.tomcat.core.* and org.apache.tomcat.util.*...problem is I
can't find a
RequestUtil in the former package...so I don't see why there would be
any
ambiguity...anybody have any insights for me?
Dick

tomcat:
    [Javac] Compiling 213 source files to
D:\JavaTools\jakarta\build\tomcat\classes
    [Javac]
D:\JavaTools\jakarta\jakarta-tomcat\src\share\org\apache\tomcat\request\StaticInterceptor.java:350:
Ambiguous class: org.apache.tomcat.core.RequestUtil and
org.apache.tomcat.util.RequestUtil
    [Javac]     Locale locale=RequestUtil.getLocale(req);