Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Thomas Dudziak <to...@first.gmd.de> on 2004/02/04 18:33:48 UTC

problems with non-ojb proxies

I have an application (of which I have no control) where I should add
persistence for proxied objects. Now whenever I try to write such an
object I get this error:

org.apache.ojb.broker.PersistenceBrokerException: The InvocationHandler
for the provided Proxy was not an instance of
org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.IndirectionHandler
	at
org.apache.ojb.broker.util.ProxyHelper.getRealObjectIfMaterialized(ProxyHelper.java:224)
	at
org.apache.ojb.broker.core.PersistenceBrokerImpl.store(PersistenceBrokerImpl.java:653)
	at
org.apache.ojb.broker.core.DelegatingPersistenceBroker.store(DelegatingPersistenceBroker.java:165)
	at
org.apache.ojb.broker.core.DelegatingPersistenceBroker.store(DelegatingPersistenceBroker.java:165)

So my question is, is there either a way to handle this (without modifying
the application classes), or could we add a method to the PB-API:

broker.writeObject(obj, RealClass.class);

Tom