Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID> on 2018/06/16 11:07:28 UTC

YouTube: Getting started with Apache NetBeans Platform

Hi all,

This is for those interested in using Apache NetBeans as the basis of their
own software, i.e., using Apache NetBeans as a Java desktop platform.

There are also convenience binaries on netbeans.apache.org that you could
use, instead of building from the sources, though if you're involved in the
Apache NetBeans project it makes most sense to use the sources since you
can then provide pull requests to fix bugs you encounter or to provide
enhancements.

Part 1: Hello Apache NetBeans Platform

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VC8gQJknPaU

Part 2: Debugging into the Apache NetBeans Platform

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rufG7VE-u9s

This is a community-driven YouTube series -- so, what should part 3 consist
of (and who volunteers to make it)? :-)

Thanks,

Gj

Re: YouTube: Getting started with Apache NetBeans Platform

Posted by Josh Juneau <ju...@gmail.com>.
Nice work!  Thanks for sharing.

Josh Juneau
juneau001@gmail.com
http://jj-blogger.blogspot.com
https://www.apress.com/index.php/author/author/view/id/1866

Posted by Dmitry Avtonomov <dm...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Gj! This is terrific!

I hope these videos find their way to:
http://netbeans.apache.org/participate/index.html
Maybe also add a "platform" or "desktop application platform" link to
http://netbeans.apache.org?

On Sat, Jun 16, 2018 at 5:03 AM Geertjan Wielenga

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.
Thanks all for appreciating the series -- and I really meant it when I said
I see this as community-driven, so, anyone can suggest other topics or
create their own similar YouTube clips to add to the series.

Gj

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.
You don't need to do any of that. Just click 'See this page in github' at
the bottom of any page and create a pull request there, live in the browser.

Gj

On Sun, Jun 17, 2018 at 10:36 PM, Dmitry Avtonomov <

Posted by Antonio <an...@vieiro.net>.
Some comments inlined below.

On 17/06/18 22:36, Dmitry Avtonomov wrote:
> Oh, I didn't know that the website also accepted public pull requests.

Well, of course. This is an open source project after all :-)

> Where do I report issues about the website? Followed the instructions, got
> errors from asciidoctor during the initial baking step:

You report issues in JIRA. Those are asciidoc warnings due to some
migration from the previous content.

> It does build and run though! Will add it there, thanks!

You're welcome! Thanks for the contribution!

Cheers,
Antonio

Re: YouTube: Getting started with Apache NetBeans Platform

Posted by Dmitry Avtonomov <dm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Antonio <an...@vieiro.net>.

Posted by Dmitry Avtonomov <dm...@gmail.com>.
Antonio,